In a nutshell, we help public sector bodies decide what sort of services they should provide or commission – and the best way to deliver them. Then we help to make whatever changes are needed to provide those new services in a way that will last.
One of our great strengths is the strategic thinking we bring to the commissioning process. We’ll help you go right back to basics in your analysis of the needs that you should focus on and how best to meet those needs. Then we’ll help you to deliver the resulting changes – taking into account the interests of your stakeholders.
Activist specialises in supporting the design and delivery of strategic change. With clients across the public and private sector, Activist supports the full change cycle from strategy development to developing and delivering programmes, to creating new service models and monitoring the effects.
Some of our recent projects
Activist’s clients in the public sector range from central government agencies, to local authorities, health trusts and schools. Recent projects include:
- Supporting the development of cloud-based ICT strategy for a central government agency to help reduce costs and improve users’ experience.
- Creating a new multi-agency joint venture company for back office services to deliver substantial savings and modernise services.
- Designing a new senior management structure to support a public body adopting a whole-organisation strategic commissioning model in order to deliver more effective services and better value-for-money.
- Supporting the development of an ERP programme and a specification and supporting the procurement process.
- Supporting the outsourcing of back office services in order to secure savings and generate new jobs in an area.
- Supporting a commissioning project for leisure and cultural services and advising on the creation of an outcomes-focused specification.
- Supporting a pan-London transformation programme for library services in order to reduce costs.
- Developing and implementing a new model for enhancing teaching assistants’ behaviour management skills.
Why choose Activist?
- We have a broad understanding that comes from our extensive experience across many different public sector functions and commercial disciplines.
- We understand the relationship between public sector officers and elected representatives and we’re expert at balancing their needs.
- We’re flexible – we can help you however big or small the challenge you face.
- We’re independent and transparent – because we’re not tied to any suppliers you can count on us to make recommendations based on your needs, not our vested interests.
- We represent great value for money compared with the big global consultancies.
- We’ll give you the right level of support – we won’t send someone impressive to sell ourselves but then follow up with inexperienced junior staff.